iOS 7.1 through 7.1.2 devices can be jailrbeak using Pangu 1.2.1. This is the first time Pangu team released a public jailbreak tool. Apple released iOS 7.1 update on 29th May 2014 with patched up evasi0n exploits which were used to jailbreak iOS 7.0 – 7.0.6. That was the end of ever loving evasi0n tool and after several weeks Pangu team released their first public jailbreak tool on 23rd July 2014.
Pangu team is based in China and remained unpopular until released Pangu jailbreak tool although they were active in iOS apps and many Apple devices related industry. Pangu used revoked enterprise certificate to inject jailbreak files into the device and removed the certificate after successful Cydia download. Initially Pangu was bundled with 25PP chinese appstore for auto installation along with the jailbreak process but they rolled back 25pp appstore on Pangu 1.1.0 update due to many complains of users and remarkably taking down the popularity of the tool.
There were lots of conflicts between Pangu team and world renowned iOS hacker Steffan Esser who known mostly as i0n1c because of Steffan Esser claimed the infoleak bug used by Pangu developers is originally owned by him. Later Pangu team member Daniel_K4 made an public announcement that the aforesaid infoleak bug was known by everyone in the industry and there’s no legal ownership of this bug invention held by i0n1c.
Pangu is available for MAC and Windows. The latest version for Windows is 1.2.1 & latest version for MAC is 1.2.0. Both versions are in English interface.
Pangu supported devices
Pangu is capable of Download Cydia on iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5c, 5S, iPad, iPad air, iPad mini & iPod touch which is running iOS 7.1 through 7.1.2.
Pangu Changes log
1. Solved crashing problem on Pangu Windows version.
1. Boot loop bug on some iPhone 4/4S is fixed.
2. Sandbox log problem solved.
3. Included afc2.
4. Jailbreak failure notification added.
1. English interfaces added.
2. File size optimized.
3. Boot loop bug is fixed.
4. New infoleak bug replaced instead of i0n1c’s infoleak bug.
5. Online self verification feature added.
How to Download Cydia using Pangu
- There are few device preparation steps for your safety, before start jailbreaking with Pangu.
- Installed latest iTunes version if you are running Pangu on Windows PC
- Have a complete backup of your data
- Check whether you are running compatible iOS version at Settings > general >version
- Stop all ongoing process and have enough battery life.
Once you are ready proceed to following steps for start Cydia download
- Download Pangu 1.2.1 for Windows or 1.2.0 for MAC
- Connect your device to the computer via USB cable
- Run Pangu tool
- Wait for tool detects your device and click jailbreak button
- Pangu will handle everything else automatically and will install Cydia on your device at the end of the jailbreak process.
Pangu team recently released their latest update for Cydia download on iOS 9.1 devices. Now you can jailbreak any any iOS 9.1 running iPhone iPad or iPod using Pangu 1.3.0. We have complete tutorial and direct download links on our Pangu iOS 9.1 page. Please visit there for more details. We also have Premium members are which provide support and resources for Cydia download on any Apple device. Check our home page for more details about lifetime membership.